The rambles and rants of one who dreams of publishing and producing bestsellers...
One can do and one can dream.
I do BOTH.

Monday, April 2, 2012

A reply to Mr. Landy

I decided to post a reply to Mr. Derek Landy's Blog (Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress which anyone and everyone should read along with his books if you haven't or aren't already) just because... well, because I could. Do I really need any other reason? This is my blog of randomness and now my randomness is being directed toward Mr. Landy.

Sad to say, no, Mr. Landy. I do not know the feeling of triumph after overcoming a first draft to a novel namely because I have *ahem*... I have yet to finish a draft. And that's because every time I get far into my draft, I go back and start to revise it then and there. Because I keep adding new elements. It's a very long and dedicated process.

Indeed, I instead have the feeling of constant improvement to make my novel the way I want to see it in the end as I go along in all it's glorious (or inglorious) wordiness. My main novel has taken me... oh... I'm not sure on how many years old the original is considering it was on another computer and I would delete the old versions, but it's been through seven or so revisions. For the better, I assure you. My writing style and story telling abilities have improved much over the years and through the revisions. At least, I hope so.

However, I feel I am possibly on the final version of my revising madness in this novel. Finally! It has been through so much and now I feel that it is nearing it's completeness! ... but then I have to try to publish it. And I hear that can be a tad expensive, which is bad news for a broke college kid in their first year. And I have seven years more ahead of me to become a veterinarian... *sigh*.

Ah, Mr. Landy. What I would give to be an accomplished writer like you.

But I can dream and persevere until I reach that epic moment when I can pick it off the shelf, all my work and dreams bound under a hardcover, and know that others can enjoy my journey and dreams as well. Until that day... I will dream and no one and nothing can stop me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love all the new stuff going on. I personally think it looks more... like you like this. Like...likelikelikelike....:P I hate saying like so much. Bothers me to no end. Durn college is changing me. -.-
    Anywho, lurve the new stuff going on. And all the posts I missed. Makes me feel like... as though I were a BAD SISTER! I'm not! I'mnoti'mnoti'mnot!
    By the way, isn't your face a little close to that turtle? I mean, I know you're fearless and all but it just seems...
    Never mind. Dazzle us all with your bravery! I'll sit back and watch.
    Oh, and I was really touched by that bit on me in your gang page. I want to hug yooouuu! <3 :)
    And your book will be done. I am certes of this. (probably did the wrong Latin there. Ah vell.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both know that Jabba cannot jump high enough to harm me. Even though... I am a wee close, I will agree.
      Thank you, for your encouragement and attempt at Latin. It makes me happy. :)

      Delete