The rambles and rants of one who dreams of publishing and producing bestsellers...
One can do and one can dream.
I do BOTH.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

IN MEMORIAM

This post is dedicated solely to my dearest Annabelle who passed away Monday morning, April 23rd. She passed on peacefully, simply falling to sleep and leaving this world. She was a good thirteen years old, so I understand that she was old, and I understand the she was slowing down and that it was her time, but I will miss her.

Annabelle has been my only dog. I raised her from an adorable roadside puppy to the incredible loyal companion that she became. She followed me all over the property, across the fields, down the trail, to the neighbors houses... she always wanted to be by my side to guard me. She was simply amazing.

One of the last times I went home, I went over and spent about an hour at my aunt's (she lives on the road and we live in the middle of nowhere in the woods of Mississippi) and Annabelle sat at the top of my aunt's driveway, waiting for me to come back. I couldn't be mad at her. She just wanted to be with me to protect me. She did this all the time. She would even go to the blueberry farm next door in the summer, because she knew I went there every day to work, when the weather got bad if no one was home. She wanted me for comfort.

I could go on to tell you every story I remember with her, the good and the not-so-good, and share all the precious memories that I will forever hold dear. She was so precious to me and knowing I don't have a dog to go home to is depressing. And I don't want another until I can find a place that allows me to keep dogs. The apartment I have has a strict No Pet policy.

It's late. I need to sleep. But I had to say something about Annabelle to honor her memory.

And when I go home I will plant a lily on her grave, just as I did for Weetamoo (my first cat).


Annabelle

1999 - 2012

Rest in Peace. You will be missed.

St. Francis, take good care of her. I entrust her to you.

3 comments:

  1. Oh geez.... I have tears in my eyes.
    You really know how to write something that is a heart-jerker. So touching. I clicked that "touching" button about three hundred times. It only registered one. :( I don't like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sis. I need a big hug when I get home.
      I actually dreamed about her last night, too. Or she showed up. Her ears were to the side like she was afraid of being scolded. I just ran up and hugged her and played with her big ol' ruff.

      Delete
  2. Tears just got worse. Hugs. Lots when we get back home.

    ReplyDelete