The rambles and rants of one who dreams of publishing and producing bestsellers...
One can do and one can dream.
I do BOTH.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I learned for A Dollar (Plus Tax)

This just really goes to show the things you can learn from if you just look. I would have never thought of this, but the other day I learned something interesting from a cheap pair of dollar flip-flops I had bought at a dollar store for a walk on the beach.

Since it has been warm and nice outside, I've been wearing the flip-flops an awful lot and, as all flip-flops do, they have slowly started to mold to my feet. That's normal, grant it, but I picked them up off the floor and just felt the difference in them, so I examined them further.

I learned that I walk heavier on my left heel and more evenly with my right foot. While this makes plenty sense to me (because I have turf toe which is just a step down from breaking your toe), I really hadn't realized it. Now, every now and then, I feel the way I walk. I've noticed that with my left foot that I roll my foot in. So when I first step, instead of leaning into my big toe, I move more towards the middle and then slightly roll onto my big toe. Even so, the flip-flops show that I still do not put a lot of weight onto the balls of my feet when walking.

Makes me wonder what else I haven't noticed...

No comments:

Post a Comment