The rambles and rants of one who dreams of publishing and producing bestsellers...
One can do and one can dream.
I do BOTH.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Yes. There's a light at the end of the tunnel and I have had to focus on it all week long. And it's only Wednesday, nearly Thursday. This week has been a particularly challenging one and I think that it is because of that expectation, like a child waiting for Christmas. Except my Christmas that I'm currently waiting for is coming this Friday. I'm going home for a week for Thanksgiving. Good ole Turkey Day to the rescue.

Since last Friday, I have had little sleep at all, so I know I'm stretching it writing this, but I need to somewhat vent. Friday night was great, to say the least. I went to a concert featuring two bands: Jake Owen, who was okay, but I personally did not really care for him, and the Avett (ay-vette) Brothers, who were A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I loved them. I hated the freezing weather however. It literally took me fifteen minutes or so to thaw out. I'm not very cold tolerant at all, but the brothers were so worth it. I have a new favorite band... not that I really had one before now. I mean, I like Joe Hisaishi's work and Hans Zimmer, but they're composers. Not bands. Anyway, I got back at midnight or past. It was late. I got some sleep, but the next day was just a homework day.



Sunday morning I got up and went to church with my friend, ate lunch/breakfast, then went to work. I did not get to sleep until midnight or so again. But here's where the hardships start. Because I only got maybe six hours of sleep that night, and I need at least eight or so. That's just me.

Let me just say, that today was horrible because first off, I had a test that I wasn't really prepared for, but prepared enough to where I didn't fail, I got back and immediately started to work on a paper due that day; just the finishing touches on the paper that is. After those classes, I returned and had to go pick up something for a friend, drove back, and helped her with baking for a showcase we had to do, then went to eat supper, promptly followed by an hour and a half of boring chemistry.

I get back to my dorm, puckered out and cold, and sit down to start on what other than more homework, only to discover that my computer would not work. I flipped out. I was bone tired and now I couldn't finish my homework that was due in three hours. I wanted to cry; I wanted to pound my computer to bits, but I closed it, set it aside, and forced myself to breathe. Thank you, God, for friends, because a girl on my hall lent me her laptop to use instead.

Needless to say, I am better now and about to get some rest finally. Here's looking at ten hours of sleep and a trigonometry test tomorrow, and quiz, and just two other classes. Friday I'm completely free and riding home with a friend to see my favorite cousin in the world.

I have proudly survived another grueling week of college. Can't wait for finals. :P

On a lighter note, here's what I drew out of sheer boredom!


Mr. Landy, this is what happens when I play with your minions on your blog.

Sadly, the ink wore off. Time draw something new I guess then!

No comments:

Post a Comment